Home Selling Articles & Advice
Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in life. Not only are you choosing your dwelling place, and the place in which you will bring up your family, you are most likely investing a large portion of your assets into this venture. The more prepared you are at the outset, the less overwhelming and chaotic the buying process will be. The goal of this page is to provide you with detailed information to assist you in making an intelligent and informed decision. Remember, if you have any questions about the process, I'm only a phone call or email away!
Getting Your House Ready to Sell
- Introduction: Emotion vs. Reason
- De-Personalizing the House
- Removing Clutter, Though You May Not Think of it as Clutter
- Fixing Up the House Interiorixing Up the House Interior
- Fixing up Outside the House
Types of Listing Contracts
Listing Commissions and Related Issues
- Is the Commission Negotiable?
- How and When the Commission is Earned
- "Hot" Market Under-Pricing Strategy - Commission Issues
The Listing Agent - Marketing Your House to Other Agents
- The Multiple Listing Service
- Office Preview
- Broker Previews and Culinary Delights
- Office Flyers
- Marketing Sessions
Showing Your House to Home Buyers
- Convenience and Availability
- Why You Should Not Be Home
- Lighting, Fragrances, Pet Control and More
- Keeping the House Tidy and Neat
Want to Start Off With a High Sales Price? Beware!
- Meeting with Real Estate Professionals
- Which Real Estate Professional Do You Choose?
- What Happens Behind the Scenes
- Dropping Your Price...Too Late?
Details of a Listing Contract
- Price and Terms of Sale
- Lockbox - Yes or No?
- Real Estate Commission
- Multiple Listing Service
- Agency Duties of a Listing Agent
- Resolution of Disputes
The Listing Agent & Marketing Your Home
- The "Real" Role of a Listing Agent
- Preliminary Marketing - the "For Sale" Sign
- Preliminary Marketing - Flyers and the Brochure Box